What does everyone think of the London Buses shake up due to happen at the end of July 2007:
1) Bus routes 406 and 418 will no longer serve St Marks Hill, Surbiton Station, Claremont Road and Surbiton Crescent. They will instead divert via Surbiton Hill Road (Hollyfield School). I strongly object to this plan.
The 418 will be made double deckers on all services and its evening and sunday services will be increased.
Both routes 406 and 418 will be taken over by Quality Line (I hold reservations about this, but am willing to give them a chance). This route is currently operated by Transdev London United from Tolworth Garage.
2) Bus route 465 will no longer serve Penrhyn Road or Brook Street. It will be diverted after Surbiton Road, down to Portsmouth Road and up to High Street and then on to Eden Street to its existing line of route.
3) Bus route 71 will see increased Sunday service.
4) Bus route 85 will be extended to terminate at Kingston University Penrhyn Road Campus. (Still under consultation)
5) During the night, existing route N85 will be extended from Kingston to Chessington World of Adventures via the 71 route. (still under consultation)
6) From the 17th March, bus route 213 will have an increased frequency Mon - Sat from 10 mins to 8 minutes, resulting in an extra bus in each direction per hour. On sundays, there will be 5 buses per hour on a Sunday as opposed to the current 4.
7) From 26th May, bus route 131 will be extended from Wimbledon, to Tooting via the 57 route. Bus route 57 will have an increased frequency of 12 minutes M-S, and route 57 school journeys will be withdrawn.